Celebrate Earth Day in the Como Park Zoo & Conservatory Visitor Center
Our presenting sponsor Xcel Energy will be bringing their 110sq foot Tiny House. Find out how easy it is to make energy efficiency improvements in homes both large and small. Also, check out the Xcel Energy Light Board and learn more about LED lighting and ways to conserve energy. And for even more planet-friendly ideas be sure to ask about Renewable*Choice – a range of renewable energy programs to best fit your individual lifestyle.
Other activities include:
- Four learning stations featuring the rainforest, arctic tundra and ocean environments and our own backyard, with a Minnesota station.
- Meet the animals and plants that make different ecosystems their home.
- Learn how you can be a conservation champ – and save on your energy bill – with great tips from Xcel Energy.
- Put together a fun craft to take home!
It is the last weekend of the Spring Flower Show, stop by and take in the spring scenes! For the full schedule of events visit the Como Park Zoo & Conservatory event page.
- Oceans: Explore ocean environments by meeting an ocean animal, and learning about actions they take to avoid ocean pollution.
- Rainforest: Learn about the rainforest products we use daily, and how our choices affect rainforest conservation.
- Arctic/ Tundra: Understand how humans impact the animals in the frozen parts of the world and learn steps we can take to prevent glacial melt.
- Who’s in Your Backyard (Minnesota Natives): Discover Minnesota’s native species and how to conserve them. Meet staff from the US Forest Service to learn about what they are doing to help pollinators