Como Town Reopening a Safe Place to Play
ComoTown General Manager, Todd Koshenina
There is no question that we have all been through a lot over the last six months. It’s an understatement to say it’s been an uncertain and difficult time.
As we began to plan for ComoTown’s reopening, we knew that we had to put safety first and develop a plan that would offer a safe and clean space for our families and kids to play.
As a father of two young girls, I was helping my kids to understand what was going on in the world, teaching them the necessity of physical distancing and constant handwashing and trying to keep my family sane as we all remained at home due to the executive order. The reopening and recovery of ComoTown became a personal challenge during this time. We focused on building out a plan to reopen that put enhanced safety and sanitation protocols in place and refreshed our staff training programs to ensure our heightened safety and cleaning operating procedures were completed each and every shift.
To keep you and your families safe, we have:
- Limited the amount of guests on certain rides to promote physical distancing
- We have paused operations on some of our attractions including games and our splash pad to limit points of contact and any chance of overcrowding
- Our staff has been trained on our safety and cleanliness procedures and wear proper PPE at all times
- We constantly clean and sanitize high-touch areas throughout the park
- We have set up sanitizer stations for guests and have mandated the use of face coverings/masks for ALL guests on property
We are very thankful for our community’s support. As expected, attendance is way down, but we, like many other local businesses, are focused on the recovery and rebound. We care about our community and want to provide a safe and fun service during these troubling times. We too are hopeful for a future where there is no fear of Covid-19, but for now we have to take it one day at a time and remain diligent in providing a safe and clean environment that helps our friends and community get some well-deserved time outside this summer. It is great to see the families back in the park and having so much fun! Please check the Como Town Website for days open, hours and to make your reservation.